16 May 2012

Still Talking...

I have a bone with the radio during my morning commute. I've actually already picked that bone, but I'm gonna keep picking just for kicks. See, my commute is 30 miles long and both the morning and the evening commuting sessions tend to look a little like this:

And this is beyond a good day 
So needless to say I spend a lot of time channel surfing only to find more talking and less music. 

If you so happen to be one of those people who enjoy morning radio shows (don’t ask me why) but don’t feel the need to listen to the asinine episodes of someone else's life, then you probably wait around for segments, or whatever they call them. Every station seems to have them.



There’s the Senseless Survey in which people are called, and asked (you guessed it) senseless questions until they either get pissed off and hang up, or get pissed off and start swearing uncontrollably at the radio station. (The second one is funnier at least, mainly because the station needs to hang up on them before the FCC fines start rolling.)



There’s Jam Scam in which someone, presumably an unemployed someone with nothing to do at 7 in the morning, has the station prank call their friend. Then there’s a lot cursing and bleeping and “ohhhhh hahahahhah, you got me!” moments.



There’s Can’t Beat Kennedy in which someone calls in and tries to beat one of the hosts in a battle of pop culture questions. The best and worst part of this one is the parody of Can’t Touch This by MC Hammer that’s played in the beginning.

So yeah, morning radio shows. I don’t get it.


No comments: