08 September 2010

We're Back.......

And by we I mean students, and by back I mean to school. Yes, tis the season to get out those backpacks and notebooks, minifridges and 30 racks- of water of course, load up the minivans and head out to school whether it be in bustling city, a cozy hamlet, or if you're like me, the boonies. So get ready for kids aged 18-22 to be crowding your downtown areas and parking their cars illegally on your streets- school is back in session.


So every year comes a new slew of classes; and the winner this year is..... a  toss up between British Lit. and Creative Writing.  British Lit? Do you have an affinity for literature written in an obscure and practically unintelligable manner you ask? Why no, but I am quite fond of the professor, who remindeth me of the mohel from Seinfeld.
The shards will be deep in the fibers. Is that what you want?!
                 Because I don't think thats what you want!
The classroom is actually made with tile flooring, but I feel if placed in a room with shag carpeting and put to the test he could pull off a good mohel impression.

This leaves me with Creative Writing. Creative Writing attracts creative people. Now, I'm English major and I like to think I'm moderately creative, but I'll be first to admit, I'm a PC and this is a class full of Macs. Hippies, hipsters and that chick who spends to much time in the dark writing stories about horses fill this class, but by far the best part was the opening speech by the professor, "Look guys, I'm not going to lie. This won't be an easy course. It will be hard. We're going to read a lot [there are only 3 books on the syllabus] We're going to write alot. It's going to be greeeeat."

Oh yeah, I think this semester will be greeeeat. Lets hope so at least, it is my last- I liked college so much I thought I would make it a five year experience. So three cheers for my last four months of being a kid.

No comments: