28 March 2010

Cavemen?

I was having lunch with a friend the other day. Food? Pretty good. Prices? A little pricey. But as always I was in good company. This friend in particular rarely disappoints. So halfway through our burgers she plunks down this gem.

"Sometimes I imagine that I'm in caveman times and my boyfriend knocks me over the head with a club and drags me back to his cave. Then he goes back out and kills a sabertooth tiger and brings it back and we have sex on it."

To which I said, "uhhhhh......"

I have known both my friend and her boyfriend for quite some time and though I love them both dearly, I just don't think that he's ambitious enough to think up any of that, let alone do it. If anything she'd probably be the one manhandling both him and the sabertooth tigers.

Eventually I managed to open my mouth and have real words come out. So I said, "Really? How are you gonna do this though? Do you skin the tiger and do it on the fur like a throw rug or do you go at it on the carcass with the blood and guts spurting everywhere?"

At this point I recieved a blank stare.

I guess that wasn't really the reaction she was looking for, but curious minds want to know. There is no real ending to this random excerpt from lunch, it kind of just finished on the same note most things in my life do- with me scarfing the rest of a sirloin burger down in record time.

The End.

No comments: