17 March 2010

Sensless Census

I took some time today to go through the U.S. Census that was mailed to my house the other day. I'm not sure who composed it but I would like to applaude them for their first two questions. They sent me into a fit of chuckles.

Question 1: How many people were living or staying in this house, apartment, or mobile home on April 1, 2010?

Pretty straight foreward right? I guess the fact that April 1, 2010 hasn't actually happened yet has slipped their minds, but its close enough I suppose.

OK, so question 2: Were there any additional people staying here April 1, 2010 that you did not include in Question 1?

I feel like a child being scolded for lying, as though to say "OK boys and girls, now is there ANYTHING else you want to tell us or will you have to go and sit in the naughty corner for five minutes?" but instead of kindly British lady sending you off to said corner, you have the government slapping a $500 fine on you. For serious guys?! aside from the obvious redundance is that really a question or common enough problem that it needs to be put on? Yup, I will never move out of the U.S. when it so freely provides this much humor.

No comments: